We welcome enquiries from anybody wishing to make use of The Chapel within the remit of our themes of community, compassion, contemplation and creativity.
The Chapel was built in 1754 and is English Heritage Grade II listed. It is widely acknowledged to be one of the finest examples of chapels of its kind in the South East Region. The building began life as a General Baptist chapel before evolving into a Unitarian place of worship. Whilst retaining Unitarian roots, it now has a community remit wider than that of formal religious worship.
The Chapel itself retains its pews along with many other original features. With seating up to 50, it is an ideal space for small, intimate ceremonies, concerts and presentations.
Adjacent to the Chapel is the ‘Library Room.’ This tastefully decorated space can be used as a ceremony reception space, exhibition room, class room or rehearsal/performance space. The Chapel has a kitchen, cloakroom and toilet facilities.
The Chapel is set in a tranquil garden and memorial ground. We are always looking for ways in which we can develop our outdoor areas so as to provide a haven for wildlife and peaceful place for reflection.
We offer exceptionally reasonable rates for renting our spaces. If your activity is in keeping with the spirit of our community, why not get in touch so that we can discuss how we can support each other?
The Library Room.